After building up a wide variety of Wolverines for our customers, we now offer complete Wolverines in three flavors:
The Wolverine Daily Grinder, shown below, is a belt-drive, Alfine-8 commuter with hydraulic disc brakes. The semi-sweptback handlebars give you a moderately upright posture that’ll make the ride sublime.
The Wolverine Gravelo is our 29er gravel and adventure build featuring flaired drop bars or Jones Loop bars, high-volume tires, a 2×10 drivetrain, and BB7 mechanical disc brakes.
Here’s a Gravelo with Jones Loop handlebars.
The Weltgrinder Rohloff is our continent-crosser, featuring a Rohloff 14-speed hub, belt drive, Jones Loop bars, TRP HyRd hydromechanical disc brakes, front and rear heavy-duty racks, a SON Schmidt dynamo hub, a phone-charging Busch & Mueller Luxos U head light, and a Busch & Mueller tail light. (Note: the V2 version of the frame, which is what we carry, has received the Rohloff/Gates seal of approval.)
We also continue to do custom builds. Get in touch to start dreaming up yours.
Here find more narrative direct from Soma:
The original inspiration for the Wolverine was “monster cross”, but it is seriously so much more. Its geometry is stable enough for off road touring, but sporty enough for all-around adventure. With its Tange/IRD Split Sliding Dropouts, you can turn it into a single-speed CX bike. Plus it is compatible with the Gates Carbon Drive.
– Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
– Clearance for 700x45c tires w/ fenders
– Rear hub spacing: 135mm
– Gates Carbon belt drive compatible
– Matching lugged flat crown fork Tange Infinity CrMo steel fork; double eyelets pannier rack and mini rack mounts (mini rack mounts not pictured)
– Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
– 1-1/8″ size headtube
– Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58cm, 60
– 4.79 lbs (frame); 2.3 lbs. (fork, uncut steerer)
– Color: Pumpkin Orange – Compatible with Paragon Machine Works replacement dropouts (Rohloff, Single Speed, Direct Mount, Thru Axle)