As a shop that does an extraordinary proportion of custom bike builds, Joe Bike has become one of Portland’s most capable wheelbuilders. We’re also some of Portland’s most knowledgeable resources for wheelbuilds based on internally geared hubs, dynamo hubs, and Gates carbon drive.
Typical wheel services we provide every day:
- Custom handspun wheel, front or rear: $80 plus rim, rim tape, spokes, nipples, and hub, all of which we can help you select.
- Minor wheel true, front or rear: $16 or $22, respectively.
- Major wheel true, front or rear: $22 or $30, respectively.
- Replace spoke, front: $22
- Replace spoke, rear: $26
- Singlespeed rear wheel spacing and dish: $50
- Spoke cutting, including length calculation, $20 per wheel or $30 per wheelset
- Flat-tire repair: $10 (most tubes are $7 additional)
- Tubeless tire setup: $27 per wheel
Related services: We also offer complete brake service on all kinds of brakes.